Disability Support Workers
Full-time permanent and casual positions
- Immediate start;
- Regular shifts;
- Supportive team;
- Above award + penalty rates.
IDS has a number of vacancies for Disability Support Workers across Melbourne. This is a great opportunity to work in an organisation where you can make a difference to the lives of our clients within a supportive team environment.
- Currently studying for/or attained Certificate III in Disability;
- Current manual handling and first aid certificate;
- An understanding of person centred practices;
- A Victorian driver licence preferred;
- High-level communication skills.
- Current medication training;
- Demonstrated skills in supporting people with high needs;
- Flexibility and a willingness to work morning, evenings weekends and night shift;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
For more information and how to apply:
Applicants should submit their CV together with a covering letter detailing their experience and qualifications by emailing: email@example.com
Applicants will be required to undertake a criminal history check.
Client Relationships Officer
An opportunity exists for an experienced Client Relationships Officer to work with people with a disability. The successful applicant will be joining an energetic and supportive team based in Carlton.
- Full-time position;
- City location close to public transport and other amenities;
- Generous salary with the option of salary packaging;
- Supportive team environment;
- Immediate start.
- Develop and maintain close professional relationships between clients their support networks and IDS;
- Conduct staff assessments to ensure support provided meets client’s expectations;
- Reconcile client’s expenditure on a weekly basis;
- Liaise with team members to eliminate service delivery gaps;
- Respond to and record client shift changes;
- Manage new client enquiries and engagement;
- Develop relationships with relevant government and community organisations.
What you bring:
- A background in disability aligned with an entrepreneurial and engaging personality;
- Strong client service skills and the ability to manage telephone and face to face enquiries in a cordial, professional and helpful manner;
- Ability to develop networks, rapport and influence with both internal and external parties (potential clients);
- Robust interpersonal, communication and business development skills to extract key and relevant information in conversations;
- A positive attitude towards people with disabilities and alignment with IDS’ Values;
- Well developed capacity to manage the competing demands of a busy environment, work to deadlines and maintain attention to detail;
- Excellent Microsoft office and computer skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
How to apply: Applicants should submit their CV together with a covering letter detailing their experience and qualifications by clicking the apply button or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be required to undertake a psychometric test and criminal history check.